Reprinted with Permission from the Peninsula Pulse…
Door County, home of seven wineries, has more wineries than any other county in the state of Wisconsin. These wineries have joined together to form the Door County Wine Trail, featuring some of the finest wines available.
The seven Door County Wine Trail wineries will kick-off the wine season with the Inaugural Door County Wine Fest Weekend, May 17 – 19. Each Door County winery will host special events celebrating the arrival of wine season in Door County.
• von Stiehl Winery: May 18 at 10 am – Barrel Tasting – winemakers will be on hand to pull samples from the barrels to taste, forecast and purchase at a discounted price.
115 Navarino Street, Algoma; 920.487.5208
• Red Oak Winery & Vineyard: May 17 from 7 – 11 pm – Salsa/Latin Night with Salsa dancing and lessons from J-Ro. Wine can be purchased at a 10 percent discount.
3017 Enterprise Parkway, Sturgeon Bay; 920.743.7729
• Door Peninsula Winery:Door County Wineries Host Wine Trail Weekend May 18 at 1 and 3 pm & 19 at 1 pm – Wine and Chocolate Tastings. Also, Dinner Detectives Interactive Murder Mystery Show on May 18, 7 – 10 pm.
5806 Highway 42, Carlsville; 920.743.7431
• Simon Creek Vineyard & Winery: May 19 from 1 – 5 pm – Wine tastings, tours and live music from Mickey Grasso.
5896 Bochek Road, Jacksonport; 920.746.9307
• Harbor Ridge Winery: May 18 from 1 – 5 pm – Artisan cheese tasting with live music from Dan Hanson and Peter Llanas.
4690 Rainbow Ridge Court, Egg Harbor; 920.868.4321
• Orchard Country Winery & Market: May 17 from 4 – 7 pm – Wine and product tasting, guided winery tours and live music by Bob Bero. May 18, 10 am – 1 pm, radio personalities Mad Dog and Merrill fire up the grill, and buy one, get one free, Door County Sparkle Mimosas on May 19.
9197 Highway 42, Fish Creek; 920.868.3479
3382 County Road E, Baileys Harbor; 920.839.9660
For more information visit www.doorcountywinetrail.com.